Write Your Story, Find Your Voice
A hands-on experience for communicating from the heart.
Have you ever wanted to tell your story? Stories contain a special magic beyond the sum of their words. Through personal stories, we gain the power to heal, let go, motivate, and transform. Stories help us reflect on the past, make sense of the present, and create the future. This intensive, three-part workshop series incorporates breathing, guided meditation, vocalization, and writing tools, to tap into your body’s unique wisdom and develop your authentic inner voice. Sessions end with a story circle and the opportunity to read and share with the group.
The three sessions include:
- Planting seeds: using writing tools and exercises to open a dialog with your inner voice.
- Nurturing energy: working from the inside out, identify and banish those inner critics that often follow us from childhood. Replace self-defeating messages with compassionate messages that offer self-encouragement and replenish energy?to tap into your passion.
- Harvesting gifts: your voice is an inner support system of strength, creativity, and growth. Writing exercises help you connect with a future filled with possibility, direction, and the freedom to live your dream.
What’s in it for participants?
- Discover new possibilities and meanings in your life.
- Liberate yourself from unresolved conflict and frustration.
- Transform your world as you know it.
Who will benefit?
- Everyone plagued by a nagging voice that says, “Write!”
- Seekers on the path to greater self-knowledge.
- Change agents ready to grow.
Maureen A. Jung, Ph.D. A yoga practitioner and writing consultant for over 30 years, Maureen is an inspiring speaker with practical, effective ideas for navigating the challenges we face today. She’s taught writing at University of California and provided writing and speaker-training programs across the country, engaging from Medical Managers of NE Florida to the John Muir Center for Regional Studies in California. She leads Clay County Writers, a writing group sponsored by the Florida Writers Assn. For more about Maureen visit www.wordspringconsulting.com. Join us in the serene environment at: Life’s Journey Yoga and Wellness Studio 2301 Park Ave. Suite 302 in Orange Park.
- Session 1: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Session 2: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Session 3: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost: $39 per session or $100 for all three sessions (paid in advance). Seating is limited. Register early.