Keeping balance can be a tremendous chore for teenagers today. Their plugged-in lifestyle can create overwhelming stimulation and the stress of performing in the classroom and on the stage, field or court, can take a weighty toll on their bodies, minds and spirits. Practicing yoga can help. Here’s how:
- Poses / asanas, can help lengthen and strengthen muscles.
- Movement on the mat can develop body awareness and encourage a healthy confidence and radiant self esteem.
- Stabilizing the core brings posture into proper alignment, improves coordination and balance.
- Increases mobility in the joint which can help prevent injury. Hooray!
- Revitalizes energy level / tempers hyperactivity.
- Boost creativity and imagination.
- Fosters techniques to relieve stress / anxiety and replaces it with a sense of calm, relaxation and internal wellness.